[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]A mobility scooter is quite an investment and you want to make sure you buy the right make and model for your needs. There’s a lot of variety on the market and it can be difficult to know what features are out there that you might benefit from. Consider this checklist when you’re browsing to make sure a scooter is right before you buy.
Before you start looking, ask yourself;
- Where do you want to use your scooter? Not all models will be suitable for road use, or able to travel long distances. Think about how you would use your scooter day-to-day before you start looking.
- How will you store and transport it? Not all scooter will be easy to transport, you’ll want to consider whether you’ll need to be able to fit your scooter in a car boot or on public transport. You should also consider how much space you have to store your scooter, where you’ll be able to store it safely and dry, as well as charge it.
- How much are you looking to spend? Ahead of looking for your scooter you should check what funding might be available to you as well as what your able to afford. (Read about the different types of scooters on our other post)
Whilst looking, you should consider;
Don’t be afraid to ask if you can test out models, even if you’re not able to take it for a test drive, sitting in the seat can tell you a lot about whether a scooter’s the right fit for you. When you’re testing out scooters you should ask yourself;
- Are you able to sit comfortably in the seat? Is there enough room for your legs?
- Are you able to adjust the seat on your own? Are you able to comfortably reach and operate all of the necessary controls?
- If you’re able to test drive, are you able to easily stop, slowdown, turn and reverse? Do you feel stable driving on a flat surface?
If you need any advice in looking for the right model scooter for you, don’t hesitate to call us on 0800 3689923 or visit us in our Ilkeston or Sheffield showroom.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]